Easter Bonnet inspiration

We were told at school today that the Nursery children will need to wear their homemade Easter bonnets on the last day of school next week. So me being me and loving a challenge, I began to research ideas which Matilda and I will put together at the weekend via a trip to Hobby Craft. I've come across some incredible designs which will probably prove beyond our capabilities.

Easter Bonnets were traditionally worn together with new clothing, as a symbol of new beginnings, a celebration of redemption and spiritual renewal. Now I think it's an excuse to get creative and have fun with the refreshing Spring colours.

I thought I'd share with you some of the images I found, in case you are also in the same boat as me, not wanting to disappoint your child with a lacklustre bonnet. Enjoy and get inspired!

Easter Bonnet Parade 2009 chocolate easter egg bonnet copy low res
Image from Susanna's sketch book


Image from The Organised Housewife


Image from The Organised Housewife


Image from a Pinterest user


Image from ullam

Easter bonnet parade at Highclere Castle. Rebecca Hoare 7yrs.
Image from Newbury Today


Image from Tales of a Stitching Mouse


Image from Guardian Series

Children take part in an Easter Bonnet parade at Abridge Pre-School. (07/04/2011) EL24993-5
Image from Guardian Series


Image from Dog Mom 11


Image from Zu4ki

Comments