A Patch of Autumn at Dulwich Park

Half term is upon us, juggling children at home and work can be challenging during the holidays. Thankfully I work from home and make up my own hours, as long as the work is done, I can spend time with my little girl.

Today we headed South of the river to the majestic Dulwich Park  Last week I spotted that the Park was host to a rather special community event, I must say that South London really do the community thing really well.

A knitting group based in Ramsgate Knitter Knit Knit Knit are holding workshops where the local community or high jackers like me can come and make pompoms or knit pumpkins that will be part of a lit procession (tomorrow evening) and displayed around the park, in the trees for Halloween. In fact the installation will remain in place for three weeks, so plenty of opportunity to go look at the great work.



Neither of us being knitters we stuck to making pompoms which were transformed into a bat and spider. Matilda got thoroughly stuck in to the task in hand. We spent a lovely calm hour listening to music, chatting with the knitters and learning a new skill. There's something so satisfying in making something, I want Matilda to explore her creativity and never lose the imagination she so clearly enjoys sharing.




If you're in the area tomorrow pop down for the procession at 4.30pm which sounds just lovely. Otherwise they'll still be making tomorrow in the marquee next to the cafe so do drop in.




Below are our finished pompoms taking pride of place on the bunting (well in our eyes anyway)!

Comments