SIDS, Pregnancy and Infant loss awareness month

"October is Infant/Pregnancy Loss and SIDS Awareness month. Let's take some time to remember the families who have suffered/are suffering and the babies who were born asleep, or whom we carried but never met, or those who we have held but could not take home, or the ones who made it home but didn't stay. In memory of all lost angels."

In honour of October SIDS, pregnancy and infant loss awareness month candles will be lit in remembrance of all our little angels on the 15th October at 7pm, in all time zones.

As part of this awareness month, I felt it important to re share my experience which I wrote about here. I hope this encourages people to take some comfort from not being alone in their pain. I can't tell you how helpful it is to talk to someone who has been through a similar experience. This month is about highlighting and recognising the many families that go through such devastating loss. To share, The pain eases but these little angels are never forgotten, there is not one day that I don't think of our little one wondering what might have been had they survived. Having Matilda has helped me, her sunny smile always keeps me going in my darkest times and I am forever grateful to have her in my life.






Comments